Associate Graphic Designer Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an associate graphic designer, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the associate graphic designer work description in most organizations.
It also shows the major requirements that most recruiters may expect you to meet if you are seeking to work as an associate graphic designer.
Please, continue reading to improve your knowledge of the associate graphic designer career:
What Does an Associate Graphic Designer Do?
An associate graphic designer is a member of the creative team who is responsible for assisting in the preparation of presentations for clients or customers and delivering the same if demanded by the design director.
The associate graphic designer job description entails presenting estimated costs to customers or clients and project managers, and also utilizing creativity and technical expertise to plan, develop, and design graphical content for various projects.
It may also involves managing a brand or an organization’s website by assisting in the development of several layouts for different websites, designing the graphical, textual, and audio-visual content for the websites, and also helping to update the content of existing websites according to client or customers’ requirement.
The associate graphic designer is also responsible for carrying out several important activities, which include maintenance of the brand’s direction or style guide standards for all deliverables.
He/she is also actively participating in brainstorming or planning sessions with marketing team or any other necessary team or department to formulate fresh and innovative design.
He/she is expected to communicate efficiently and effectively and develop positive and healthy relationships when he/she is part of a dynamic and cross-functional team.
The associate graphic designer work description also entails designing layouts for all assigned projects, including typography layouts and images, and several other duties as required of him/ her.
Additionally, an associate graphic designer may also be required to oversee the designs of all marketing related projects on a seasonal basis right from the initial concept to the final stage of production.
Individuals who are interested in working as an associate graphic designer are expected to possess and demonstrate several important skills or characteristics to qualify for the job role of an associate graphic designer.
Some of the important skills that are needed to work as an associate graphic designer include excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills which is very crucial for any job position, ability to pay particular attention to details, and proficiency in the use of relevant software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat).
Other qualities to have to succeed as a associate graphic designer include well-developed knowledge of Apple Operating System and Microsoft Office, excellent layout and graphic design skills, and the ability to develop and maintain positive and healthy relationships with clients and co-workers or team.
The individual interested in this career must also have excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the associate graphic designer job role demands that the ideal candidate has sound and effective educational background which involves a Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Design, Computer Software, or Visual art, or in any other related discipline.
Most employers also prefer candidates who have acquired several years of professional work experience in graphic design.
Associate Graphic Designer Salary: The average salary for an associate graphic designer is $49,264 annually.
Associate Graphic Designer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Associate graphic designers perform various tasks, duties, and responsibilities as part of their job description as shown below:
- Working cooperatively with a wider creative team to identify and examine efficiencies in the process of development and design to promote quality and effectively manage workload
- Liaising with a team of designers to develop custom and unique creative executions for organizations and brands
- Liaising with marketing specialists, illustrators, photographers, and other relevant professionals
- Discussing and negotiating requirements with clients
- Advising other departments on the creative process and timelines as projects are conceived
- Developing designs for advertisements, print materials, still digital imaging and web graphics.
Associate Graphic Designer Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume as someone who has worked before or presently working as an associate graphic designer, you will need to include the professional experience section to boost the resume.
The professional or work experience part of your resume is an opportunity for you to show to the employer that you have worked before in the position of associate graphic designer and so will be effective on the job.
This piece of information can significantly influence the employer to give you an appointment for interview, especially if associate graphic designer working experience is important to the new position.
You can quickly create a compelling work experience section for your new resume by applying the associate graphic designer job description example provided above.
Associate Graphic Designer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the associate graphic designer role, here are major requirements most employers may expect you to fulfill:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which enable an associate graphic designer to liaise effectively with teams and co-workers and also discuss and negotiate requirements with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as an associate graphic designer must be able to work cooperatively as part of a creative team
- Strong analytical skills and particular attention to details that enable an associate graphic designer to identify and examine efficiencies in the process of development and design
- Proficiency in the use of modern relevant software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and acrobat), MS office, and so on
- Several years of professional work experience as a graphic designer or in a related industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Design, Computer Software, Visual art, or any other related discipline.
If you are seeking to get into the associate graphic designer career and need to learn about what the role entails, you will find the content on this page helpful.
You will also find this post useful if you are a recruiter or employer needing to hiring for the associate graphic designer position in your organization.
You can apply the associate graphic designer job description sample provided above in making a detailed description of the role in your organization.
This will help you attract the best qualified individuals for the associate graphic designer position.